A Rainbow Of Love Idea with Kids Craft
Many kids' craft ideas can be creative; just like Q-tips can be useful in many ways. They are no longer just for cleaning the ears. They have found a new use in kids’ activities. Q-tips make a great tool for kids to use when they design a beautiful painted craft. The size and shape of a Q-tip is perfect for a little ones finger to hold and use as a paintbrush.
One craft that can be included in activities for kids is the rainbow cards that can be used to celebrate different occasions during the year, such as spring or St. Patrick's Day.
How to Paint a Rainbow
To get started making this craft, an individual will need to gather a few supplies.
* Several Q-tips per child
* Glue dots
* Six colors of paint for the rainbow
* White card-stock Paper
* Wet clothes
The plate will be used to hold the paint to dip the Q-tips in between paintings, and the newspaper will be used to protect the work surface since paint can be messy to work with for kids. Always have a wet cloth nearby for accidental spills and for kids who do not like to get their fingers messed up in the paint.
Steps to Create a Rainbow Card with Q-tips
1. Prepare the Q-tips by lining up six of them in a row and placing a piece of tape along the tops of the six Q-tips, and then add a second piece of tape to the bottom of the six Q-tips. Turn the taped Q-tips over and repeat the process on that side to secure the tape from the first side and to hold the Q-tips in place. Use glue dots instead of the tape if someone prefers.
2. Prepare the card-stock paper by cutting it in half, and then folding one-half over to make a small folded card.
3. Now, it is time to put paint on each Q-tip to start creating the rainbow. Dip one end of each taped Q-tip into a different color of paint. It may be necessary to bend the Q-tip to get it in only one paint color.
4. Take the taped Q-tips that have been dipped in paint and start on one side of the folded card-stock paper, and then press the tips of all the taped Q-tips on the paper. Slide the paint across the paper in the shape of a rainbow. If the first time does not produce the results desired, repeat the process.
5. The rainbow can be left as it is, or it can be embellished with a little gold glitter or paint to make some clouds at the end of each rainbow, or maybe a pot of gold at one end of the rainbow.
Other Techniques for Painting with the Q-tips
An alternative way to use the Q-tips instead of taping them together is to use them one at a time by dipping each Q-tip in a different color of paint and painting a rainbow design on the card one at a time. It will be easy to do, but the other method will produce a bolder look. The single Q-tip method will make a clear and detailed rainbow.
Another method is to hold the dipped Q-tips between the knuckles on a hand and start painting across the paper. It will not be as bold or clear as the other methods, but it can be a fun alternative.
Share a rainbow card created by kids with love with someone sick or lonely to brighten up their day. Everybody enjoys seeing the things that kids can create. A creation made with love is always a treasure to cherish forever.
A rainbow is a wonderful creation that is beautiful when it appears in the sky, and it can be just as beautiful when it is done on one of these cards with a simple method. Let the kids make several cards using each of the techniques to share with others. They can take the cards to nursing homes to share with the elderly, and the kids will be learning valuable lessons about sharing and loving as well as having fun making a craft. Crafts are made to be shared with loved ones.